* 3rd May : Ticket Buying Progress
Nearly all train tickets upto and including the 16th of June for all venue cities (both directions) have now been purchased. The few remaining tickets will be purchased as soon as they allow us to. If you have not heard from me about any problems then we have successfully purchased your tickets for those dates where tickets are on sale.
* 3rd May : Tickets from the 17th June onwards
These tickets should start going on sale tomorrow, a day at a time.
* 4th May : Travel Tips
Many football supporters have
asked for some travel tips for their visit to Ukraine so I hope the following is useful.
The best and most accepted foreign currency in Ukraine is the US Dollar followed by the Euro. British Pounds are a lot more difficult to exchange unless done in certain banks. Dollars can be exchanged for Hryvnia on basically any street corner (Bureau De Change type places). Do not use Dollars in restaurants etc though, because they may not give you a good rate of exchange. It is best to change your Dollars into Hryvnia first before going shopping / eating / pubbing. Passports must be shown to exchange foreign currency.
Another alternative are cash point machines (ATM’s) which can be found everywhere. The cash point machines are also in English. After your insert your card, choose the English option and follow the onscreen instructions.
Credit / Debit Cards - these can be used in most restaurants, hotels and large shops.
Identity - Must be carried at all times. It is the law.
Tipping – 10% is the norm. A little goodwill gesture tip in advance also helps massively especially when asking for favours.
Mobile Phones - If there are 2 or more of you in your group or if you have an old spare mobile phone lying around a good idea is to get a Ukrainian "Pay As You Go" Sim card when you arrive at Boryspil airport or into a city centre to insert into your phone. There will be a small charge for the Sim card plus you can choose how much credit you would like to put on your phone. You will now have a Ukrainian phone number and local calls / text messages will be much, much cheaper than using your foreign phone.
It is illegal to walk down the street drinking alcohol from bottles etc. The guys must be careful of this.
Scam - There is a scam where somebody walking in front of you will drop his wallet. Do not be the good samaritan and pick it up and give it to him because he will suddenly say that there was more cash in it and you must have stolen some before giving it to him. His mates, falsely dressed as police suddenly appear and you are forced to hand over your own cash. So if you see somebody drop a wallet, just ignore it and walk on by. These guys are smart and will even wear a football shirt from your own country to try and trick you like this.
Pickpocketing - Like at all major railway stations anywhere around the world please watch for this. Don't put your wallet in your back pocket.
Smoking - It is against the law to smoke in the train cabins. There is normally a smoking area located at each end of the carriages.
4th May : Your Final Journey Trains
Please could everybody kindly double check their flight departure times (as we don't have this information) in relation to the various train arrival times that are announced above for all 4 venue cities. As you will be aware train times all changed fairly recently, probably after you booked your flights. If you think things might be tight for you to get to the airport in time, then please contact me and we can discuss it further.
10th May : Donetsk / Kharkiv Trains
The following have been announced and are subject to confirmation when we purchase the tickets
Kharkiv to Donetsk:
Departs from Kharkiv at 03.11 and arrives in Donetsk at 10.25
Departs from Kharkiv at 04.45 and arrives in Donetsk at 11.53
Departs from Kharkiv at 14.06 and arrives in Donetsk at 19.45. This train has seats (no beds)
Donetsk to Kharkiv:
Departs from Donetsk at 21.18 and arrives in Kharkiv at 05.00
Departs from Donetsk at 22.43 and arrives in Kharkiv at 05.10. This train has seats (no beds)
There might be additional train times announced shortly.
10th May : New Orders
We are still being inundated with requests for train tickets. Please note that on many popular routes and dates there are now only 3rd class tickets available.
11th May : Ticket Buying Progress
* As of today's date our brilliant teams in Ukraine, working under extremely difficult circumstances, have successfully purchased 2058 train tickets for our valued clients for all dates of travel during Euro 12 upto the 24th of June.
There are still some tickets still to be purchased for some international routes and some domestic routes which are not on sale yet.
Our Euro 12
clients are from 11 countries spanning 4 continents all travelling around Ukraine to all 4 football venue cities, to other destinations like from Kiev to Odessa and Crimea for a holiday after football and also travelling by train from Ukraine to Poland.
* I would like to massively thank all our ladies (8 of them) in Ukraine for the extremely hard work they have done, basically accomplishing the impossible, where we do know other agencies have failed and / or have unfortunately conned / let their own clients down. The ladies certainly deserve their pay )))
* Most Importantly - I would like to sincerely thank all our clients who have been most supportive, patient and understanding when things have been extremely difficult getting train tickets, with the very late announcements of train departure times, the removal of some trains etc. I would also like to thank all the 100's of clients who have sent e-mails to say thank you.
* I am aware of the minority who have criticised us in some forums (info passed on to me by loyal and decent football supporter clients), but that criticism is ok. Because we have in our possession 'hard copy train tickets' for our clients (not a booking reference number or a supposed promise of a ticket) and our clients will have our back service if required.
* In October 2009 we assisted just over 900 England Football Supporters go from Kiev to Dnipropetrovsk for the World Cup qualifying match by train, privately hired coaches and domestic flights. Some clients experienced a few unfortunate incidences in Kiev varying from and requiring assistance with, hospital treatment, lost passports, getting out of legal difficulties, trying to retrieve belongings stolen from their hotel rooms, and getting them onto other trains because they arrived at the railway station late totally pissed and missed their trains. Our clients will have our backup service if needed - where we can help. A service which I'm sure will not be available from Mr Online for those who booked directly with the the new automated ticket service. But please don't phone our ladies at 2am staggering on a bar stool, as one football supporter did last time and ask our lady member of staff "Is $200 for a 'hooker', a good price to pay or not?" You might find the 2nd word in her reply will be "Off" hahaha.
* I will be writing to all our clients this weekend and early next week giving them further details with regards to their ticket confirmations, train details, final prices, ticket delivery arrangements, contact names and phone numbers in Ukraine etc.
11th May : Quarter Finals
We have been approached by many people who want to get
from Donetsk (Quarter finals on 23rd June) to Kiev for another Quarter final match on the 24th. Current train times don't make this possible, so we are currently looking at alternative options. Domestic flights are criminally expensive (around US$600 for a one way flight ticket), so we will investigate a combination of other train routes eg Donetsk - Dnipropetrovsk - Kiev, to see if that will work.
14th May : 3rd Class
Some clients have asked what 3rd class carriages look like on some of the overnight sleeper trains, so below are some photos.
15th May : High Speed Trains
The central ticket office informed us today that they cannot confirm the times mentioned above at the moment and are not sure what the ticket prices will be. They say this information could only be made official after the 27th May. As soon as any official information is released I will place further details on this page.
15th May : New Orders
As previously mentioned above. Please DO NOT pay online through PayPal (as many clients are still doing) as there are no, or are only 3rd class tickets left on many routes during Euro 12. Please just fill in the Booking Form, submit it and we will see what we can do for you. If we are unable to get tickets then I will have to refund you your payment 'less' the fees that PayPal charge us, so please don't pay online from this website from today's date onwards. Many thanks.
16th May : New Orders - Temporary Suspension
We are still receiving a lot of enquiries for train tickets (late bookings). As of today's date we are regretably suspending the processing of new orders for train tickets for Euro 12. Due to the very high volume of train tickets we have already purchased for clients, there is a lot of administration work still to be done eg sending out individual confirmations which will include train numbers, carriage numbers, bed numbers etc which is all very time consuming.
For those still requiring train tickets please fill in the Booking Form, and submit it, but please note that we will only reply to you sometime this coming weekend. So please don't be offended, as all our existing clients who started booking their train tickets starting from 4 months ago must at this stage take priority, as they have been extremely understanding and patient with us whilst there have been many problems getting train ticets / train timetable changes etc.
16th May : Ticket Changing
A few clients are writing to ask of the possibility of changing train times / days. Sorry but this is not possible for tickets already purchased for Euro 12.
17th June - Kharkiv / Donetsk Trains
These routes are being a big problem as details have changed again and tickets are very limited / or none left. Please note that we are no longer taking orders for people only wanting a ticket for travel between these 2 cities. What tickets we are able to purchase will be reserved for clients booking other journeys as well.
Latest times are -
Kharkiv to Donetsk:
Departs from Kharkiv at 01.27 and arrives in Donetsk at 07.16
Departs from Kharkiv at 04.45 and arrives in Donetsk at 12.00 (9th / 10th - no tickets)
Departs from Kharkiv at 17.07 and arrives in Donetsk at 00.18 (even dates only)
Donetsk to Kharkiv:
Departs from Donetsk at 14.09 and arrives in Kharkiv at 21.11
Departs from Donetsk at 15.56 and arrives in Kharkiv at 21.35
Departs from Donetsk at 19.20 and arrives in Kharkiv at 02.24
Departs from Donetsk at 23.01 and arrives in Kharkiv at 11.00
22nd May - High Speed Trains
These details have just been announced
Kiev / Donetsk (tickets / prices will only be available on / around 27th May - hopefully before) - Please read an update further down the page
Departs Kiev at 06.05 and arrives in Donetsk at 12.45
Departs Kiev at 16.45 and arrives in Donetsk at 23.40
Departs Donetsk at 05.55 and arrives in Kiev at 12.45
Departs Donetsk at 16.55 and arrives in Kiev at 23.40
Kiev / Lviv (tickets now available)
Departs Kiev at 06.20 and arrives in Lviv at 11.15 (not confirmed yet)
Departs Kiev at 18.20 and arrives in Lviv at 23.15
Departs Lviv at 07.00 and arrives in Kiev at 11.15
Departs Lviv at 18.25 and arrives in Kiev at 23.20 (not confirmed yet)
Kiev / Kharkiv (tickets now available)
Departs Kiev at 06.15 and arrives in Kharkiv at 10.43
Departs Kiev at 18.15 and arrives in Kharkiv at 22.50
Departs Kharkiv at 06.50 and arrives in Kiev at 11.30
Departs Kharkiv at 18.45 and arrives in Kiev at 23.15
Please note that train tickets are not transferable, so tickets previously purchased unfortunately cannot be exchanged for tickets on these new trains.
Video of the new High Speed Trains -
22nd May : New Orders
* From todays date onwards we are only accepting orders for the High Speed Trains for clients wanting to travel on those routes. We will not be taking orders for overnight sleeper trains on the above High Speed Train routes as tickets for the overnight sleepers are as good as sold out. For High Speed Train Tickets, please fill in the Booking Form and in the Comments Box at the bottom mention High Speed Train and your travel times and we will contact you giving prices etc
* On routes like from Crimea to Donetsk and back etc there are now only a limited amount of 3rd class tickets left.
25th May : High Speed Trains : Kiev / Donetsk / Kiev
We heard today that the High Speed Trains between these two cities may only start operating from the 15th June onwards. If this information changes I will add further information here.
25th May : Kiev / Donetsk / Kiev
Train Tickets - It is now near impossible to get direct train tickets between these two cities for most dates during Euro 12 before the dates that the high speed trains start operating. As an alternative we can arrange other train routes to get to Donetsk and back, but it will mean changing trains in another city
* Departs Kiev at 16.12 and arrives in Donetsk at 08.01
* Departs Kiev at 23.05 and arrives in Donetsk at 12.46
* Departs Donetsk at 15.55 and arrives in Kiev at 06.55
Coaches - Subject to availability we can also try and get coach tickets (Departs Kiev at 20.00 and 20.50 - journey time around 11 and a half hours)
29th May : High Speed Trains : Kiev / Donetsk / Kiev
Prices and further details have still not been announced yet. Latest information is still that these trains will only start operating on the 15th June and we do not know what prices will be. Please kindly don't send e-mails continually asking, (as everybody is currently doing), but please keep checking here on this page if you don't mind. As soon as further information is available I will give the info in an update. Many thanks.
1st June : High Speed Trains : Kiev / Donetsk / Kiev
These train details have just been announced and will operate from the dates shown
Kiev to Donetsk
* Departs Kiev at 06.05 and arrives in Donetsk at 12.45 (from 7th June)
* Departs Kiev at 16.30 and arrives in Donetsk at 23.10 (from 9th June)
Donetsk to Kiev
* Departs Donetsk at 06.30 and arrives in Kiev at 13.10
* Departs Donetsk at 16.50 and arrives in Kiev at 23.35
Please fill in a Booking Form
Please Note - For passengers wanting to start their journey in Donetsk and who are not going to Kiev first. There are only 2 ways we can get your train tickets to Donetsk for you
1. By courier in advance to your hotel in Odessa (£15) - 5 working days notice needed prior to your train date of departure.
2. By international courier to your home address (£50) - around 4 working days notice needed (depending on which country you live in) prior to your train date of departure.
For clients departing from Kiev the cost of train ticket delivery to you personally at Kiev railway station or to your Kiev hotel the day before departure is £15.
18th June : Semi Final in Donetsk
All the early morning high speed train tickets for the 27th (Kiev to Donetsk) and 28th (Donetsk to Kiev) are sold out. We can arrange a 49 seater coach to transfers football supporters for those interested. If we can fill the vehicles it will be cheaper per person. We can only offer this to football supporters wanting to go in both directions starting from Kiev.
Coach Departure Times (+/- 10 hour journey each way)
Depart Kiev city centre at 06.30
Depart Donetsk at around 01.00
To make it cost effective we will need enough people to fill the bus. The cost of the 49 seater bus / coach is US$2800 (return journey). So if there are 49 passengers the cost would be $57 / person (return ticket). To help fill the bus please kindly assist by mentioning it in forums etc
Please e-mail if interested - email@example.com
21st June : Donetsk Semi Finals - Alternative Travel Option
Due to the lack of
train tickets left for the early morning departing high speed train between Kiev and Donetsk we can arrange the following alternative
Fly from Kiev to a nearby city and then catch a train to Donesk
Total cost around US$355
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
We can assist travelling 'Football Supporters' with the following
Arriving in Kiev
* Kiev Boryspil Airport to Kiev Railway Station / City Centre Transfers
* For group bookings - 49 and 30 seater coaches, 17 or 6 seater minibuses can be supplied for the transfer.
* For smaller groups of 3 passengers / car we can supply cars to transfer our clients.
The transfer time from the airport to the city centre / railway station is approximately 45 minutes depending on traffic. Taxi driver's will hugely rip foreigners off as their taxis do not have meters, so we do advise using the airport to city transfer services that we will be specially arranging. * Please note that the prices for airport transfers may increase between now and Euro 12 as the transfer companies no doubt will increase their prices.
Travelling Around Ukraine
The Ukrainian Government will be adding extra trains plus new High Speed trains to / from Kiev and the other venue cities for Euro 12. These schedules have not been announced yet and are due in mid May. Because of this lateness all our Euro 12 clients have booked the normal overnight sleeper trains.